Thanks for the kind words guys.

"I was never lucky enough to work on a project (besides when I was still
making games, but not in commercials) that allowed for such sophisticated
tool development. Out of personal interest: How long did it take to develop
it up tho this point of maturity?"
Good question. It took about two months to get to this state, which was the
majority of the length of the job. The tool reached a production ready
state after only a few weeks though and then I iterated from there.
It worked out quite well. While I did spend spend quite some time patching
in functionality that was needed in the moment, I mostly got to focus on
the vision of creating a well rounded, polished tool-set.
I think it is the much superior way compared to how it often goes where
you're under the gun and just hack solutions together that you then stack
on top of one another day after day without ever building a solid well
thought-out base.

"Could you recycle pieces from LKLighnting?"
Unfortunately I couldn't reuse any of the pieces from LKLightning, but
having built it was tremendously helpful.
LK Fabric works different than LKL in that it grabs all the information
about the involved geometry at the beginning and then creates giant arrays
which it performs operations on.
LKL keeps looking at the involved geometries while it performs operations
and then looks at different parts of the geometries based on the outputs of
those sub-operations.
it's a difference in approach which makes LKLightning more adaptable, but
allows LK Fabric to be a lot faster and deal with much more dense detail.