Hi Tim,

If all the properties you need on the strands is the color then you only
need to cache self.strandposition and self.strandcolor.
If you need the thickness of the strands on a per segment basis you also
need to cache self.strandsize.
If you need the orientation of the strand segments you will also need to
cache self.strandorientation.

Hope it helps.