So, what is the problem?

To switch ghost you have to change the camera animghostenable property in
camera display and the object property ghosting and ghosttype

I wrote something like that a long time ago, it was something like this:

//JS
SetValue("*.*.*.camdisp.animghostenable", true, null);
for (var i=0; i < selection.count; i++) {
selection(i).properties("visibility").ghosting = 1
selection(i).properties("visibility").ghosttype = 4
}

Martin