I just wanted to add my 2 cents. It was hard to fall asleep last night, I was
lookin through my options, and I was looking at the fact why I was using
Softimage for more than 10 years.

To start off, I started with Max, for 4 years. Then I realized how shit this
application is, and found LW, with better modeling, and even more better
rendering. Meanwhile I worked with Maya (my initial sympathy to maya turned to
massive disgust how bad it was), and then came Softimage. During the years me
and my colleagues worked with Softimage for the following reasons (without any
particular order):

-       Pivot placement using the ALT key
-       Operator stack
-       Fast modeling
-       Sticky key/supra key
-       Groupings
-       Selection
-       MCP
-       Region render
-       Rendertree
-       Animation
-       Drag and drop on animateable parameters
-       ICE

And the list would go on...these features, as far as I know are not present in
Maya nor Max.

So, Autodesk, please don't tell us, that you are on high-tech and so on,
because you just killed high-tech and innovation with Softimage

I accuse you with the murder of Softimage. I do hope that all decision maker
will suffer once, because I believe that all is coming around. So I wish
autodesk a friendly f.ck ye!