I'd say pretty likely after two or three versions of Windows.

Not to mention when it happens you'll be stuck with whatever version and
Microsoft doesn't support them anymore. It usually ceases support about ten
years after each release, after which you no longer get security updates
and if you're online you might as well have a "hack me!" sign stuck on your
back.

To put things in perspective, WinXP is ending support this April:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/lifecycle

Here's a thought experiment for you:
Imagine Soft had died years ago and XP was the only version it ran in and
Win7/8 gave errors. :( Now imagine the latest cool helpful software, say
the latest version of ZBrush, no longer ran in XP in the latest version
(because who uses that, right?) Now you're gonna have to keep one OS for
your Soft antiques and one for the modern stuff. That's not gonna be fun.

Granted this won't happen for several years, but better learn new platforms
now before you're dead in the water.

>>> https://vimeo.com/user4174293