Hi Manu:

I just tested this in a fresh batch script, it should work fine.

Did you try wrapping your file path arg with double-quotes like so?

   "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013
   SP1\Application\bin\XSI.bat" "C:\Personal
   Files\goochy\files_yiliang\xsiProject\Scenes\xsiWaveDeform.scn"

Does the command log show any indication that it tried to open the scene at all?

Yours sincerely,
Siew Yi Liang