Here's an old script I wrote that might do the trick:

# Author : Alok Gandhi

from win32.com import constants as c
xsi = Application
log = xsi.LogMessage

def extractMesh():
    '''Make a group of all the instances for
       which you want to extract the mesh. Select
       the group and run the script, the meshes
       will be created under the null '_PAR_instanceMeshes'
    '''
    instGrp = xsi.Selection(0)
    instMeshNull = xsi.ActiveSceneRoot.AddNull('_PAR_instanceMeshes')

    for eachInst in instGrp.Members:
        mdl = eachInst.InstanceMaster
        dupMdl = xsi.Duplicate('B:%s'%mdl.FullName)(0)
        dupMdl.Kinematics.Global.Transform =
eachInst.Kinematics.Global.Transform
        for msh in dupMdl.FindChildren('','',[c.siMeshFamily,
c.siNurbsSurfaceMeshFamily]):
            msh.Properties('visibility').Parameters('hidemaster').Value =
False
            xsi.ParentObj(instMeshNull,msh)
        xsi.DeleteObj('B:%s'%dupMdl.FullName)
    log('Meshes Extracted Successfully !!', c.siInfo)

extractMesh()