For the record, I have never experienced this issue when rendering via the command line when on the student versions, whether XSI/Maya. For the render farm here my school uses Muster which allows us to setup a custom 'template' (that's what they call it) that lets me modify what actual command is sent to the nodes across the farm, so for some cases where I had a problematic scene I just used render/xsibatch commands for the maya/XSI template, bypassing Muster's GUI completely. If RR allows for something like this, might be worth looking into...

Yours sincerely,
Siew Yi Liang

On 4/26/2014 5:12 AM, Ben Beckett wrote:
Does this work just a idea good luck

put the following code into a Nopepad .txt change the .txt to .exe . add your file path and the pass name. run the file

@echo off
call "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2012 SP1\Application\bin\setenv.bat" "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2012 SP1\Application\bin\XSIBatch.exe" %*

xsibatch -r -scene "Filepath\#######.scn" -pass "PassName" -verbose "full"

On 26 April 2014 12:08, Angus Davidson <angus.david...@wits.ac.za <mailto:angus.david...@wits.ac.za>> wrote:

    No worries. I haven’t tried it on Maya. I seem to recall when I
    was grumbling to Graham about it a few years back he did mention
    that it was across the board I could be wrong though.

    From: Jon Hunt <jonathan.m.h...@gmail.com
    <mailto:jonathan.m.h...@gmail.com>>
    Date: Saturday 26 April 2014 at 12:51 PM
    To: "softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
    <mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>"
    <softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
    <mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>>
    Subject: Re: Free Student version of Softimage - Doesn't allow
    batch render - Any workarounds

    Thanks for the response Angus,

    The student has a 3 minute film to render, each scene has 70 or so
    reference models.
    When you load each scene you have to press OK this many times to
    the dialogue box that says its been created in a student version.
    Absolute hindrance.
    Got a fix but its a good 20 minute fix per shot just to be able to
    render...

    Hate asking this but I wonder if this is the the same with Maya?
    If so, I shall definatley need to start looking at our licensing.

    Thanks,

    Jon

    On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 4:28 AM, Angus Davidson