My personal experience it's that it's not an artist-friendly tool. It's
incredibly powerful, but it requires quite a bit of technical knowledge and the
learning curve is steep. I know many artists (modelers, animators, environment
artists) that the moment you bring up a graph, they start bleeding from the
nose. It's hard to avoid these workflows in Houdini.
I'm not sure I would solely re a production in Houdini purely for this aspect.
However, complimenting it with a more "traditional" DCC, it'd make up for a
killer combo.

Sergio Muciño.
Sent from my iPad.