Exactly my pov. The different packages are too much in flux atm to make a
decision right now.
If I was forced to switch, I'd go Houdini though.

Still sticking with Softimage for now. There seem to be some changes coming in the
next year or two in almost every package so I'm gambling on >waiting a while
before choosing a direction. Looking forward to the next step, it may have some
things I'll miss but I'm sure there will be >advantages to balance it out. One
thing is for sure, wherever I end up will have to have a Redshift plugin.