From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Siew Yi Liang
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 12:10 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Softimage Python versus Maya Python

Hi Hirazi:

It doesn't talk about PyMEL, and yes it's super-old, and it's written in a very
non-pythonic manner, but it's still a good resouce imho.

Still, for what it is (and its price) it's about the most comprehensive
beginner's intro guide to working with Maya (and some API stuff as well!) that
I know of for now.  :D

If you prefer video tutorials, Chad Vernon's stuff on CGCircuit is pretty nice,
and he has some basic stuff on his site, too:
http://www.chadvernon.com/blog/resources/python-scripting-for-maya-artists/python-in-maya/

HTH!

Yours sincerely,

Siew Yi Liang