I´m pretty excited about xgen.

Not as a replacement for yeti fur, though.

The thing about yeti isn´t just it´s grooming controls,
it has loads of tools for actually animating&simulating
fur and then caching things into somewhat reliable caches.

That said, i still don´t have fully understood the whole yeti process
and find myself battling with it more than i would like to have to.

Still, I haven´t seen anything from xgen that shows that level of
dynamic simulation&animation control you have with yeti.

For me, xgen is starting to look more like an alternative to
http://www.multiscatter.com/

Multiscatter is for 3DSmax.

It´s so easy to use, it makes me weep when I think about it while trying to
nicely
scatter or distribute *anything* in Maya...

Cheers,

tim