kick from Arnold 4.2.0.0 can load aaOcean from 4.2.0.6

C:\Users\StephenBlair\Downloads\aaOceanRev255\aaOcean\Arnold\Arnold-4.2.0.6-windows\Shader
 aaOcean                          shader

If he really is

running arnold version 4.2.0.5

and using the aaocean v4.2.0.6

then it should work.

But yeah, running kick is the only way to really find out.