On a more serious note, I honestly don't mind it if people bring Houdini,
Maya, ZBush and whatnot into this list. I of course only speak for myself
here, I don't know what the general consensus is in those regards, though
it seems rather friendly when these subjects come up.

I'd rather it stays alive with good company in it as a general CG list than
seeing it wither and die completely because Soft was killed. It'd feel
pretty wasteful and sad if a community that had qualities transcending the
software was to get lost completely.