Hi Morten, thanks for the feedback.

It is already possible to create simulated feathers with syflex (or
momentum), altough it requires some setup.

here's a rough test: https://vimeo.com/118137118
(I'm cheating on the the ruffling feathers - they are not really simulated,
but only turbulized, which is ok depending on the distance to camera)