Re:hotbox: I think this is an edge case, but actually, you can define
your own user menu sets in Maya, and when you hide everything, it'll
show the current menu sets, which means only what you want to see. And
of course you can separately define a custom marking menu on any
hotkey, they don't just exist in the hotbox. Pretty much everything is
there, but I have a feeling you'll be moving that yardstick forward
wherever you need it.