I agree Ed,

I'm not going to hold on to Softimage for the next 2-3+ years just because I want to make a statement. As a 3D artist, it's my opinion that you need to move with the times whether you like it or not. If you stick with Softimage, you're delaying the transition that will eventually happen. If you wait until the last possible moment, say if a new technology is introduced, and there is no way to shoe-horn it into Softimage, you'll be left with very little time to get up to speed with a product that will be evolving and staying up with the times.

Whether it's a transition to Max, Maya, Houdini, or whatever, life goes on. If you want to stay in the industry and stay relevant you have to evolve.

Eric T.