Hey Tim,

Any reason you're not using scripting to regenerate these and not just use
copy / paste? You can script the creation of the shape nodes and then copy
the "positions" attribute over.

Another thing you could do is apply ICE Ops to copy the values of shapes on
one mesh to another. Don't forget that ICE isn't always for Live operators,
but you can design ops that are only there for utilities and then get
frozen off. Especially when you use the ApplyICEOp() command which takes a
compounds execute port (it has to have one) and connects it directly and
then you can script the hook ups of get data nodes or you can fill in the
reference inputs that point to the right objects / properties.

You can update data in shape keys through scripting or ICE.

Eric T.

Eric Thivierge
http://www.ethivierge.com

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Tim Crowson <tim.crow...@magneticdreams.com