"Official support will have ended, and users will need to accept it's time
to move on or forever remain the Jurassic era of computer graphics."

Sorry but this is soo  far away from truth.... that Jurassic era of comp
graphic is still far future for EVERYTHING else out there. Nothing is near
to it's workflow just to start with.
Still a lot of people gives a crap about PR listing of items that are
rarely or not used at all just made to make selling list bigger. There are
still people looking for function and easy of use before all...

With Software you work,
With Maya... or to say everything else you workaround!

But no worries, to everyone each own.. while others are pulling their hair
someone will fly his Jurassic SIteradon on a smooth ride. When there is jet
plane that actually works that will be the day.. but maya is not that for
sure....