Hi Fabian

good news! , I managed to circumnavigate.

3Delight does not, it seems, connect to custom ICE attributes in surfaces,
it does in strands & pointclouds perhaps.

But 3Delight DOES work with weightmaps in the rendertree! so it a small
bother to reconnect your scalar attribute directly to the weightmap.

Simply, instead of using custom scalar attribute, use 'map_lookup_scalar'
in the rendertree to connect the weightmap to the 'host_modify_spread' port

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iAM_JloZwFU/Vj9Z-xa8FHI/AAAAAAAAB8E/UG3_5PQN6xs/s1600/Capture_3delight.JPG

works fine here

cheers