Hey Tim,

yeah, I'd like to suggest storing your vectors in PointReference mode.

You can think of PointReferenceFrame as the local coordinate system of the
vertex:  Y being the normal direction and X pointing towards the first
neighbor vertex.

If you select a vertex of a polygon mesh, enter the Translate tool and
switch to "Local" then that's the coordinate system represented by
PointReferenceFrame.

*So, try something like this for storing :*

YourVectorPerPoint   ------------------------------------>
 MultiplyVectorByMatrix  ---> SetData(self.crvTanAvg)
                                                      /
GetData(self.PointReferenceFrame) ---->  Invert -----/

*And then this for retrieving and applying:*

GetClosestLocation --->  GetData(crvTanAvg)  ---------------------->
 MultiplyVectorByMatrix  ---> SetData(self.tmp)
                                                                /
                  GetData(self.PointReferenceFrame) -----------/

Cheers, -M

--