Is there any way to know if the Tweak Tool (M key) is active?

I've been having problems with SI 2013 and the selection tools. It doesn't
update the selection if I use Add Selection (it works fine with a new
selection). I've been able to workaround with a few lines that change the
selection mode to object mode and back to the original one in my selection
event.

The problem is that it also affects the Tweak Tool because it triggers the
selection event so I want to include an exception to my workaround if Tweak
Tools is active.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Martin