They haven't stopped me from using it. A new character I rigged all in Softimage (then ported to Maya):

http://www.animschoolblog.com/2016/09/animschools-new-character-maggie.html

On 9/22/2016 8:37 AM, Pierre Schiller wrote:
What´s up everyone? How do you do?
Go to behance. Try to select (or suggest) you made something with Autodesk Softimage, the item list on the subject erases itself, and Autodesk Softimage doesn´t get input as a product anymore.

Darn. AD did a brilliant job erasing us from the map on America.

Fortunately on the other side of the planet, Softimage continues to hit hard. Another game conference, and CG production, shows how ROBUST (and I want it emphasize it on a Schwarzenegger accent) is Softimage in Japan!

Open this URL so that this post is not only about bad news...
https://entry.cgworld.jp/column/post/201609-cedec-cell.html

The CG World JP workbook on 2016 is about street fighter V and guilty gear XXrd. A lot of tech screencaps and concepts, just in case you´re wondering how HIGH concept ASIA always had of softimage.

Cheers.

--
Portfolio 2013 <http://be.net/3dcinetv>
Cinema & TV production