Anto, I did download the version that's currently on OpenVDB before
tweaking. It's still the very same one the came with with the Masterclass
when the VDB toolset was introduced back with H12.5.

I didn't get any memory leaks on Windows 10 but it's not unusual for old
scene files to be less than optimal.

The main reason for sharing this was that it's the most informative set of
examples regarding the VDB toolset in Houdini but it should be consumed in
the knowledge that a few things have changed over the interim releases. The
recent Jeff Wagner  SOP's Masterclass that was publicly posted to Vimeo on
Friday details a few of the new changes in  H16.