So you mean just generic context menus, no one in specific.

I'm not sure if I understood well, but you don't want to add buttons to
these context menus, but create your own context menu for your custom tool,
right?
I don't think you can do it with scripting only. Other than using PySide /
PyQT, and even using PySide, this would work only over the PySide window,
not the SI viewer.

You could use rray's XPOP to do something similar too without having to
create it by yourself.
http://rray.de/xsi/xpop/

Martin