Hi Christoph
I know it's an ancient thread but I am trying to run Softimage on Centos 7
got the same /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6: undefined symbol: _XGetRequest error
and I followed your recommendation
" Fortunately the solution to your problem is fairly simple:

mv
/usr/Softimage/Softimage_2014_SP2/Application/mainwin/mw/lib-amd64_linux/X11/libX11.so.6
/usr/Softimage/Softimage_2014_SP2/Application/mainwin/mw/lib
-amd64_linux/X11/~libX11.so.6"

but unfortunately now I get this error
"/usr/Softimage/Softimage_2015/Application/bin/XSI.bin: symbol lookup
error: /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6: undefined symbol: xcb_wait_for_reply64"

do you know what might be the problem I googled it with no luck

Thanks