De : Jacni Qin [mailto:ja...@jacni.com]
Envoyé : mardi 6 septembre 2011 11:30
À : BOUCADAIR Mohamed OLNC/NAD/TIP
Cc : Wojciech Dec; softwires@ietf.org
Objet : Re: [Softwires] Analysis of Port Indexing Algorithms
(draft-bsd-softwire-stateless-port-index-analysis)

hi Med, all,

Thanks for writing this, it helps.
A couple of quick comments below,

*) Is the focus of the document (properties used) on the whole address
architecture/format, or just on the algorithms to build port sets?  As in some
proposals, for example 4rd, the port indexing algorithm can be an independent
part and decoupled from the address format.
[Med] All port indexing schemes are independent of the address format itself,
but we included some properties to reflect some design choices made my the
authors of these solutions on the address format. FWIW, we will submit soon a
list of requirements to be followed by stateless address/prefix format.

*)
   o  Multiple Port Ranges: Capability to assign multiple contiguous
      port ranges to a single PRD

Jacni>: I guess this only applies to "portrange" which offers contiguous
port-set. So, I would suggest removing this property.
[Med] Ok.

*) For "despres-4rd",
Differentiated Port Sets  Supported, through different piece of rules,
delegated CPE prefixes of different length.
[Med] the concern is more on the border router side, can you please check if
the operations are still stateless at the border side? BTW, I'm envisaging
having two properties here:

(1) Differentiated Port Sets (network level)
(2) Differentiated Port Sets (bound to the same shared address)

IPv4 traffic Isolation   supported
[Med] Ok. This is supported by assigning two prefixes.

Prefix Aggregation   supported, since the IPv6 address planning is not affected.
[Med] Ok.

I'll come back to you later if I get more.

Cheers,
Jacni

On Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:44:48 AM,
mohamed.boucad...@orange-ftgroup.com<mailto:mohamed.boucad...@orange-ftgroup.com>
 wrote:

Dear all,

We have just submitted an I-D analysing the port set algorithms we have on the
table. A set of properties are used to characterize the port set algorithms.

This is a call for review. In particular, we invite authors of the following
proposals to review their section:

o [I-D.boucadair-behave-ipv6-portrange]
o [I-D.xli-behave-divi]
o [I-D.murakami-softwire-4v6-translation]
o [I-D.murakami-softwire-4rd]
o [I-D.despres-softwire-4rd-addmapping]

Questions, suggestions, corrections and contributions are more than welcome.

Thank you.
Cheers,
Med