Hello Chairs, all

In essence, while at a very high level all solutions appear to solve a
common problem, just like all ducks look the same, some solve extra
problems that are of critical importance to some operators, this forms the
basis for the different approaches, and what led to the MAP draft set, and
in that set there is no way to "sqaure the circle"
The "hybrid solution" also does not "square the circle", and what more
raises several technical questions, besides lacking the trial
implementation & experience factor that MAP's constituents have shown - it
thus appears to be in a different, rather experimental, league .

Respectfully thus, the view presented under item 1) below and ultimately
the questions appear set to cause further thrashing of arguments all over
again. All this going a long way off from actually progressing the
development of solutions that solve problems the WG cares about and under
majority consensus if universal consensus is not possible.

As a way forward I would suggest a much simpler approach that is more
likely to result in some progress, with the following questions being asked:
1. Should MAP (all MAP drafts) be adopted as WG drafts all on Informational
track?
2. Should 4rd-u as WG draft on the Experimental or Informational track, if
shown to be in line with existing specs.

Along with an acceptance of any/all of the above, there should be a charter
clause indicating that one, or all of these drafts can be moved to a
Standards track following WG consensus, without altering the status of the
others, unless similarly consented.

Regards,
Wojciech.