Med: As a reminder, I have sent a notification to DHC to review this draft
(April 2012). Please refer to
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg12575.html.

>Bernie Volz pointed out that you've defined yet another format
>for IPv6 prefixes in DHCPv6 options, and requests that you use
>one of the two existing formats.
>
>I also notice that it appears that you have a fixed-format
>option, but some parts of the option may or may not appear
>depending on server configuration, and that if they do not
>appear, the option merely has a shorter length.   This is
>contrary to the way things are normally done in DHCP servers,
>and will require special UI or configuration file tweaks to get right.

Med: I can change this easily if you think we need to do so. We use a fixed
length because:

* SSM_PREFIX64 and ASM_PREFIX64 are /96
* U_PREFIX64 follows RFC6052; it may have variable length with a maximum being
/96.

>It would be better if each of the three optional fields in the
>option were simply its own option.   Is there some strong
>reason why all three of these fields need to be in the same
>DHCP option?

Med: I have provided an answer to this question here
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg12577.html; and given I
didn't received an answer from your side I thought you were fine with my
explanation.