Hi,

Please see inline below.

Cheers,
Ian

> 2. Section 4.1
> The translation between the IPv4 and IPv6 PIM messages seems underspecified.
> It would be useful to provide some examples showing how the new addresses are
> used in the different translations into the PIM message formats (RFC7741
> Section 4.1).
>
> Answer: We have added some examples in Section 8.

[if - It would be useful to have a reference in section 4.1 to the section 8
examples]

> 6. Section 7.2
> Are there options on the kind of tunnel encapsulation that can be used? It
> would be useful to enumerate some of these and for interoperability one of
> them needs to be mandatory to implement.
>
> Answer: We have added an paragraph in a new Section (Sec. 9), to state that
> the mechanism should accommodate a variety of encapsulation mechanism
> mentioned in RFC 4925 (Sec 3.5).

[if - Section 9 is adds MUST requirements to RFC4925, but RFC4925 is an
Informational RFC. What about referring to the encapsulation methods in RFC4925
without RFC2119 language, then have a MUST requirement that all of the AFBRs
attached to the I-IP implement the same encapsulation mechanism?]

> 9. The use of RFC2119 language and the case of the words throughout the
> document is not consistent (there are a number of lower case ‘must’ etc, that
> probably should be uppercase).
> The term ‘should’ (lower case) is used in a number of places that make the
> functionality of the mechanism seem uncertain (e.g. Figure 1 - 'Multicast
> packets should get across the I-IP transit core'. Sec 4.1 'it should be
> translated back’).
> There are some points that would seem to need MUST requirements that are
> missing - e.g. Section 4.4 'every uPrefix64 that AFBR announces should be
> different either, and uniquely identifies each AFBR’. If two AFBRs are
> announcing the same uPrefix64, surely there will be problems.
> Suggest that the use of RFC2119 language is revised throughout the document
> to avoid these problems and to tighten up the specification as a whole.
>
> Answer: We revised throughout the document to make the
> ‘Conventions/Requirements' words consistent.
>
> 10. The document needs the language and grammar checking throughout.
>
> Answer: We have checked throughout the document and re-edited the language
> and grammar.

[if - I’m still seeing some problems with the above two points. I’ll reply you
directly on these]