[Med] These codes are already in the registry. This I-D is just echoing what is
recorded in the current authoritative registry.
If one of these codes is relaxed, the YANG module will be updated by IANA to
reflect that.

I do think that draft-thaler-iftype-reg is the right place to include a
recommendation to encourage tunnel protocol designers to register their tunnel
types rather than to reuse the generic UDP type.

 In any
> case I
> think RFC8085 *should not* be the sole reference for UDP tunneling as it
> does
> not specify UDP tunneling but provides guidelines for designers of UDP
> based
> tunneling mechanisms.

[Med] That is the best reference we have for UDP. It is certainly better than
4087.