Hello,

I'm technologically retarded, so please excuse my naivety. My question is why
does my phone SIM card have a static ip address of 192.0.0.4?
Incidentally, when I login to a private wifi network, and disconnect my
cellular data, a traceroute using the 192.0.0.4 address (which I consider null
since I'm no longer using the cellular distributor of that address) still shows
4 to 5 other devices, routers, networks or whatever, on the route to my phone?
For a centuryLink network it usually contains Qwest legacy IP's, while comcast
uses comcast IP's. Similarly, when my cell phone plan expires (I currently use
a trakphone Walmart simple family that is powered by the T-mobile network) my
phone status still shows that I have an ip address of 192.0.0.4 and the "4g"
data symbol is still visible in the upper corner of my phone with input/output
arrows blinking. However, the use of my phone, text and  internet are
restricted. Yet, my SIM status shows that I my phone is "connected" and service
state is "active"? Another thing that I do not understand and  which really
messes with my emotions, is when I search for a national carrier, whet
 her or not known businesses like T-mobile, Verizon, Sprint, etc., show up in
my network search, my phone will not accept any of them and instead will
automatically connect to the cellular carrier named "HOME". Incidentally, I
don't like the look of my default APN, which is also tied to my static
192.0.0.4 IP, as when I fill in different APN settings that I find online my ip
address will then become randomized

Thank you so much for your time.
Any information (preferably in layman's terms) would be greatly appreciated!
 Cheers,
Nick James