Dear All
I asked you on how to make an image from my working Solaris8 server to put
it on my qemu-system-sparc as its virtual HDD. According to you, the entire
hard disk is on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s2 . So I tried as the following :
#dd if=/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s2 bs=512 count=1966080 skip=3932160 |gzip
-c>/tmp/solaris8.disk-pt2.gz
After about forty steps of iteration, it ended up. Then I uncompressed all
of them and concatenate like the following :
C:\copy /b solaris8.disk-pt1+solaris8.disk-pt2+...+solaris8.disk-pt39
solaris8.disk
The resulting 'solaris8.disk' is 38GB in size. I tried to bring up my
qemu-system-sparc with it but it seems that it is not an appropriate
bootable one. Can you please let me know what is wrong in my procedure and
how to obtain a valid one?
Thank you