On 10/06/10 15:30, mahipal rao wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to install patches from "recommended patches" of  30th sep
patch cluster for solaris 10 u8.
All the patches are failing.
The eg error for the command "patchadd 119059-56.jar"

  ERROR: The /var/tmp/119059-56/prepatch script contains invalid
permissions. Please make the script executable and reinstall
119059-56.
WARNING: Skipping patch

Does this mean download is wrong ?

I know the work around that I can change the permissions of "prepatch"
and "postpatch" etc. but I dont want to do that.

Is there any solution for this or anything wrong with the way I am
applying the patch ?

hi Mahipal,

just a few thoughts - have you tried installing the non-signed version of the patch? maybe your current 'umask' is too restrictive. you may check the permissions of the /var/tmp directory and the /var/tmp/119059-56 directory itself. you may also try installing the patch from /tmp.

greetings,

Stoyan