Hi Daniel,

> [...]
> Would it make sense to add a primitive to the Solo5 API, which allows to
> interrupt incremental work, for example by using signal handler? Or is the
> recommended way of doing things to just poll the monotonic clock?

As Emery says, interrupts (both in the hardware interrupt sense and generally in
the "something that asynchronously interrupts your program" sense) are not
supported by Solo5. This is by design, and will not change.

> [...]
> However I wonder if this would be a valid use case
> for adding SMP to the Solo5 runtime? Was something like this considered
> (also in the light of multicore Ocaml)? But I am not sure if there is a
> possibility to support additional worker jobs without adding all the
> threading primitives, which seems undesired.

You answered your question there. Implementing SMP is likewise not in scope
due to the complexity involved. In fact, it's probably not possible at all
while keeping the goal of portability to the various supported
tenders/targets.

Regarding your GC implementation questions, I don't know much about GCs so
can't comment. There are various OCaml people on this list so someone may
be able to help or pass on your question to the compiler folks.

Hope this helps,

Martin