On 1/12/07, Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

...Are there existing practices for giving credit to companies that "sponsor"
development of Solr..

I don't think we have something like that yet. Cocoon 2.1.x has a
CREDITS.txt file for listing such contributions:

 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/CREDITS.txt

I'm thinking of the "Community Credits" part a the top, the rest is
covered by our NOTICE.txt file.

Putting this stuff besides the LICENCE.txt and NOTICE.txt files makes
sense IMHO, as this is similar to licence and software credits info.
The website could say "look at the CREDITS.txt file" with a link to
the SVN version like above.

-Bertrand