: > The bugaboo is if the POST data is NOT in fact
: > application/x-www-form-urlencoded but the user agent says it is -- as
: > both of you have indicated can be the case when using curl.  Could that
: > be why Yonik thought POST params was broken?
:
: Correct.  That's the format that post.sh in the example sends
: (application/x-www-form-urlencoded) and we ignore it in the update
: handler and always treat the body as binary.
:
: Now if you wanted to add some query args to what we already have, you
: can't use getParameterMap().

I think i mentioned this before, but I think what we should do is make the
stream "guessing" code in the Dispatcher/RequestBuilder very strict, and
make it's decisison about how to treat the post body entirely based on the
Content-Type ... meanwhile the existing (eventually know as "old") way of
doing updates via "/update" to the UpdateServlet can be more lax, and
assume everything is a raw POST of XML.

we can change post.sh to spcify XML as the Content-Type by default,
modify the example schema to have other update handlers registered with
names like "/update/csv" and eventually add an "/update/xml" encouraging
people to use it if they want to send updates as xml dcouments, regardless
of wehter htey want to POST them raw, uplodae them, or identify them by
filename -- as long as they are explicit about their content type.

-Hoss