On 7/11/07, Will Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think it would be nice to have the core name
specified as a CGI param instead of (or in addition to) a url path.
Otherwise, large section of client code (such as solrj/solr#) will need
to be changed.

Only if you want to talk to multiple cores over a single "connection", right?
Hopefully existing client code will allow the specification of the URL, and
one would use http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/

Still might be useful as a param *if* it can be done efficiently.
I wonder about the case when the param comes in via POST though.

-Yonik