Ok. Here is the parsedquery_toString
<str name="parsedquery_toString">
+(((text:need^0.8 | name:need^2.0)~0.01 (text:roommat^0.8 |
name:roommat^2.0)~0.01 (text:agreement^0.8 | name:agreement^2.0)~0.01)~3)
(text:"need roommat agreement"~50^0.8 | name:"need roommat
agreement"~50^2.0)~0.01
</str>
The index was built a couple of months back.
The stopword 'need' was recently added, a couple of days back.
But you can see that its not getting removed at all before finding matches.

Whereas i have a local test version on my PC, the same version of solr as my
work's.
Same schema, config. Index was built at the same time. Its the same as my
work's.
I added the stopword 'need' at the same time (couple of days back). But the
parsedquery_toString is different on mine:
<str name="parsedquery_toString">
+(((text:roommat^0.8 | name:roommat^2.0)~0.01 (text:agreement^0.8 |
name:agreement^2.0)~0.01)~3) (text:"roommat agreement"~50^0.8 |
name:"roommat agreement"~50^2.0)~0.01
</str>
And i get some results on my version while i get zero results in my work
version.

In the 'text' field definition in the schema, both index and query gets
passed through the stopwordfilter.

Why this discrepancy? I'm re-indexing the data on my work version. But can't
re-index the data everytime i add a new stopword right.