Ryan McKinley schrieb:
found it. On page 9 of a completely unordered/unsearchable list.... you would think google could add search/sort no?

In general looks good. We can discuss implementation details later, but one thing to consider is taking this opportunity to build a better example data set we all can work with:

For my demo (because I want to compare technologies and need easy generated testdata), I created a small TestDataGenerator that uses SolrJ and that is configiurable within a spring context.

You can there define multiple fields that are randomly populated, depending on their type. I have types for:

- A choice of String values
- Integer/Float ranges
- A hierarchic String structure
- Date fields
- UUID fields

All fields may depend on other fields' values, and can be multivalued or not. See attached applicationContext.xml for details. I think with we should be able to generate your Books/Movies example data set with this tool very easily.

matthias

I clicked the "I'm willing to mentor this student" button, and we will see what happens.

ryan