: This will make it easier for anyone to use solr from within maven. I'll file
: a patch to automate whatever can be automated from our ant build so this is
: easier for the 1.3 release.
:
: If people agree that publishing maven artifacts is a good idea, I'll happily
: update http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToRelease to point to the relevant
: information too.

automating as much as possible through build.xml targets would definitely
help -- i would attach such a patch to SOLR-586, ideally modeled after the
way lucene-java does it so there is some "methodology overlap"

I'm not sure that i'm really comfortable having 1.2 jars pushed out at
this point -- primarily since the POM files wouldn't be included in the
source releasees ... it would make it somewhat of a rewriting of history.

...but i won't object if another committer wants to do this.

-Hoss