On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is a part of requirement for SOLR-561 . It will be a very nice
> feature to have the admin console of the master show details of the
> slaves also. To do so The master must know about the slaves. The
> slaves may be able to register themselves with master but the slaves
> do not know the port number and the context in which the app is
> deployed.

+1

This can also enable cumulative stats for the whole cluster making the
master admin a one-stop shop for all kinds of statistics. We may also be
able to do push based replication instead of poll based with this
information.

Configuring the information of slaves in the master itself is a problem --
slaves can go down and may be replaced without the master knowing anything
about them in current deployment methods. We should also be able to
configure this information in the replication handler's config itself rather
than relying on the first request.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.