I'm trying to make a non-deprecated branch and ran into something a little funny..

QueryParsing uses access to SolrCore.getSolrCore() -- this will break in a multi-core environment.

public static FunctionQuery parseFunction(String func, IndexSchema schema) throws ParseException {
    SolrCore core = SolrCore.getSolrCore();
return (FunctionQuery)(QParser.getParser(func,"func",new LocalSolrQueryRequest(core,new HashMap())).parse()); // return new FunctionQuery(parseValSource(new StrParser(func), schema));
  }

I'm not familiar enough with the query parsing stuff to figure how to un-tangle it. As it, it will just use the query parser from the first core it finds (regardless of which core it is called from)

ryan