On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org> wrote:

> I usually skip through the Wizard stuff as fast as possible and then just
> add the modules by hand, as IntelliJ thinks it is smart at this stuff when
> it really isn't.  For the core Solr, I create a "Project Library" dependency
> that has 3 JAR Directories as dependencies:
> ./lib
> example/lib
> example/lib/jsp-2.1
>
> YMMV.
>
> This is one place where Maven is _so much better_ than Ant.  Point IntelliJ
> at the pom.xml, and you have it all setup, including all the submodules,
> etc.

I noticed that exactly this point has been discussed on the mail list some
time ago. Yes, Maven has its pros, however, I am fine with ant as long as
there is simple way how to go through this initial setup stage smoothly. I
will try to create simple solr-wiki page about this once I successfully
manage setting solr in IDEA.