Ishan Chattopadhyaya wrote:
Andrzej, I think a splay tree will adjust itself to prioritize frequent user
queries. What do you think?

Indeed, it will. I'm not sure how splaying affects performance ... from Wikipedia article on splay trees: "however it is important to note that for uniform access, a splay tree's performance will be considerably (although not asymptotically) worse than a somewhat balanced simple binary search tree."

I'm working on a patch that hides the implementation behind an abstract class. Once we have this skeleton in place we can test various implementations.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><