Distributed Search, down at the bottom, uses SolrJ. This problem
should be in SolrJ in the CommonsHttpSolrServer. The Apache Commons
HTTP stuff handles authentication:

http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/authentication.html

You can create the HttpClient and ConnectionManager yourself when
using SolrJ, and it's easy to prototype all of the authentication
stuff with a simple SolrJ program.

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com