On 9/15/06, Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/15/06, Paul Terray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think I am close to have a list of index terms, using facet searching.
> However, I still have a question: I would like to limit the terms to a
> query. My goal is to do a simple google suggest type of search (with just
> one term), so I have to limit the terms to the first letters typed. Of
> course, I can filter the facet results to get this, but it seems there
> should be a better solution.

So instead of documents matching field:foo* you want the actual terms
matching field:foo*
I think exposing lower level info from an index like this can make
sense, but it's not currently supported.

Oh, I think you can get what you want via
q=myfield:foo*&facet=on&facet.field=myfield&facet.zeros=false

It's a roundabout way of getting the info and is likely to be slow if
your index is large.

-Yonik