I'm trying to figure out the best way to do filters based on price.  I've
been thinking that I would do it based on the query such as price[10-20],
however I wanted opinions on whether it would be better to do it based on
pre-filtering the item into a price range and searching for the string that
represents the price range in a multivalued text field in the schema (beside
other filtering values)? I was thinking that pre-filtering or grouping items
into the respected price range would be more work operationally but might
pay off with better performance. It would limit my searches to only the
predefined price ranges, however I don't know if that is a big problem.

Maybe some info on how other people do this and why would be helpful?

Thanks,
Mike