: Chris, thanks for the tips (or should I say, detailed explanation!). I
: actually got it working! It was a pain at first (never did any java, and

good to know .. glad it worked out for you.

: If Solr is interested in the filter, just tell me (and how should I do
: to contribute it).

The full list of instructions on how to submit a patch can be found on the
wiki...
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

...ideally a patch should include unit tests demonstrating the new
feature, but if you don't have any of those (and don't feel like writing
them) a patch can still be usefull to other people (who might be
interested in writing unit tests to encourage getting the changes added)

if you do open a Jira issue and attach your code, please note this thread
and the URL of the orriginal class in nutch, so people who may stumble
accross it in Jira know where the orriginal version is.

-Hoss