On 12/23/06, Alan Burlison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...As well as centralising the index, I also want
to centralise the handling of the different document types...

My "Subversion and Solr" presentation from the last Cocoon GetTogether
might give you ideas for how to handle this, see the link at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrResources.

Although it does not handle all binary formats out of the box (might
need to write some java glue code to implement new formats), Cocoon is
a good tool for transforming various document formats to XML and
filter the results to generate the appropriate XML for Solr. I
wouldn't add functionality to Solr for doing this, it's best to keep
things loosely-coupled IMHO.

-Bertrand